Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good morning world...

Woke up early, early this morning and flipped on Fox News as I was getting ready. Usually I go straight to the computer and don't watch Fox until later in the day -- at the earliest I  see Fox and Friends, never earlier. Today was different. I had to be up at 5-ish (yawn).

I was brushing my teeth, doing the norm and swore I was on the wrong channel. Everyone speaking had a British accent. I walked in, took a glance and saw the Fox logo on the bottom. OK, I thought, must be something special going on and they have a British guest or they're just doing a short bit on, what else, the Royal Wedding (yes, it is now a capped event ;-).

I heard nothing  about the wedding (oops, excuse me the Royal Wedding). If not for the accents I could have been listening to one of our financial debates here in the states. It was fascinating. The two financial pundits were talking about Greece, the Euro, and the British economy. One was advocating a fix of  their version of tax and spend, the other was saying cut the spending. They talked about the price of gas, and pretty much all the same things we're talking about here.

I don't pay as much attention to the world outside of the U.S. like I should. I used to get updates from news media in Europe and Great Britain. I stopped at some point. I've decided that I better start looking at a bigger picture than the one provided by U.S. news outlets.


Anyone have any good suggestions for news outlets that give 'fair and balanced' outside of the U.S. I was listening to Sky news this morning, a Fox affiliate. They'll be on my list.

No comments: